- Full Time
- Fridley, MN
To efficiently deliver product to customers in a courteous, professional, compliant, safe and timely manner.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Abide by Company attendance policies.
- Safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle, including but not limited to: Combination vehicles, straight trucks, or other vehicles such as pick-up trucks and service vans with a GVWR or GCWR over 10,001 lbs.
- Complete pre-trip, in-route, and post-trip inspections of equipment.
- Ability to operate vehicles in congested areas with limited space and potential obstacles.
- Comply with all applicable Department of Transportation regulations including but not limited: Controlled Substances, Commercial Driver Licensing, Driver Qualification, CMV Operation, Hours of Service; CSA inspections and compliance, Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance, etc.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance with Department of Transportation Regulations and Reyes Fleet Safety Policy.
- Utilize an on board computer to track hours of service.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Safely and accurately unload and deliver multi-temperature product to customers utilizing a variety of preferred methods including lift gates, carts, conveyers, hand trucks, and/or pallet jacks.
- Utilize barcode scanners at the point of delivery as required to verify delivered product.
- Pick up returned product as required.
- Accurately complete delivery and pick up paperwork.
- Maintain contact with Dispatch to receive delivery or pick up instructions or changes in scheduled deliveries or pick-ups.
- Maintain route plan as provided by Dispatch. Communicate to Dispatch any barriers to maintaining the route plan so any changes can be communicated to the customer.
- Maintain knowledge and comprehension of all applicable Department of Transportation regulations and Company policies through Company training and certifications.
- Observe all local, state and federal laws and ordinances.
- Abide by all Reyes Holdings Company policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Possess a valid Class ‘A’ Commercial Driver’s License with any required endorsement (i.e. doubles or longer combination vehicle).
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have at least one (1) year of commercial vehicle driving experience or equivalent military experience in similar equipment as to what will be assigned within the last twelve (12) months.
- Have an acceptable motor vehicle record history in compliance with Department of Transportation regulations and Reyes Holdings Company policy.
- Ability to work any schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays. **
- Pass a DOT physical examination with a certified DOT Dr. on the National Registry.
- Maintain a valid medical certification and be certified as non-exempt interstate with the applicable State agency.
- Ability to utilize on board fleet technology such as EOBR and other mobile devices.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to be able to converse with the public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
- Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 100 pounds.*
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- This position must pass a post-offer PSP check, background check, and drug test.
- Able to demonstrate a vehicle inspection and pass a road test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with foodservice and/or beverage distribution/delivery.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
*Some Reyes Holdings Business Units may require frequent lifting, pushing and/or pulling in excess of 100 pounds.
**Based upon operating schedules of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be available in accordance with applicable laws.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: